Jessica Massa, relationship expert and one half of the authorship for THE GAGGLE (the ultimate guide to figuring out what you want—and finding your match—in a world that has left traditional dating behind), suggests 10 ways to revive YOUR guy gaggle.
1. Next time you see something funny – on the street, at a store, in a bathroom stall – take a photo of it with your phone and text it to the guy you know with the best sense of humor. Casual, fun, regular e-contact might turn him into a regular before you know it.
2. When you meet a guy who seems cool, regardless of where, when, or how, Facebook friend request him within 24 hours. Many guys now see this as a subtle, no-pressure hint that, hey, you enjoyed meeting them and might be up for getting to know each other further! And he could end up landing anywhere in your gaggle – so open that door. Like a status or two, and see if he starts reciprocating in any way (and yes, that comment on your Instgrammed lunch photo counts).
3. Haven’t heard from an old guy friend in a while? Maybe someone who you used to hang out with a lot, but who now lives across the country, or is working crazy hours, or just sort of dropped off the map? Email him! Just say hi and ask how he is and what he’s been up to. In other words, invite him back into the gaggle for a bit.
4. When your favorite sports team is playing, don’t watch the game alone. Instead, hit up a bar that’s known for having a fan base for your team, or head over to a friend’s house to watch it with a crowd. And then, when your team does something good, high five whichever guy is next to you. Yep, it’s that simple. Now he’s in your gaggle. At least for the evening! A few beers later, you might find yourself with a new friend.
5. As you’re walking out of your latest office meeting with a male co-worker, chatting about the new market projections and laughing about the boss’ new haircut, suggest grabbing a coffee before you both go back to your desk. This guy could turn into a career booster and maybe more.
Read more on The Frisky.